The following core values have been agreed by the IHA team to be integral to the Institute’s success, and are embedded within everything we do:
- Commitment to quality – mediocrity and ordinary does not work. Everything we do and produce must be something which speaks to excellence, and our actions must be organised to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Respect – we have a fundamental obligation to each other, our colleagues, partners and other stakeholders to treat all with the respect and dignity that they are entitled to.
- Integrity – there must be a level of honesty in all that we do and say. The mutual trust that is essential for work and life depends on this.
- Courage – we must demonstrate courage and innovation through the work we undertake, and be bold in our commitment to making a significant and positive difference for older people, their carers and families, particularly amongst the more vulnerable in society.
- Life balance – it is important for our physical and mental health that we make time to engage in a wide range of non-work activities and interactions.